ropeways.net | Home | 2019-01-04
Peak Resorts strengthens senior leadership team
Peak Resorts announced a number of senior leadership team changes as part of the acquisition of Snow Time Inc.
Tim Boyd, President and Chief Executive Officer of Peak Resorts, stated, “I wanted to take a moment to congratulate all of employees for the tremendous work ethic and inspiring commitment to Peak Resorts that has made the start of the 2018-19 season a great success. I also want to take this opportunity to once again welcome Liberty Mountain, Whitetail and Roundtop Mountain to the Peak Resorts family.
“As we look to the 2018-19 season and beyond, we want to ensure that we have the best leadership team in place to help us to leverage our talents and unique assets and achieve our goals. To that end, we recently made a number of changes to the senior management team.”
- Jason Boyd has been appointed to the newly-created position of Senior Vice President of Operations, Mid-Atlantic. In this new role, Jason will oversee the operations and management of Jack Frost, Big Boulder, Liberty Mountain, Whitetail and Roundtop, all in Pennsylvania. Jason will continue to report to Jesse Boyd, Vice President of Operations at Peak Resorts.
- Scott Romberger, formerly President & CFO of Snow Time, will assume the newly created role of Vice President of Finance for the Mid-Atlantic region. Scott’s responsibilities will include financial accounting and reporting at Jack Frost, Big Boulder, Liberty Mountain, Whitetail and Roundtop. Scott will report directly to Chris Bub, CFO of Peak Resorts.
- Eric Flynn will assume the newly-created role of Vice President & General Manager for the Snow Time resorts. Previously, Eric was a member of the senior leadership team at Snow Time and served as General Manager of Liberty Mountain. Eric will report directly to Jason Boyd, Senior Vice President of Operations, Mid-Atlantic.
- Josh Boyd, will assume the role of Senior Vice President of Operations, Midwest, a position which includes oversight of operations for Alpine Valley, Boston Mills, Brandywine, and Mad River Mountain in Ohio; Paoli Peaks in Indiana; and Hidden Valley and Snow Creek in Missouri. Previously, Josh held the role of General Manager at Wildcat Mountain and more recently Vice President & General Manager of Alpine Valley, Boston Mills, and Brandywine. Josh will continue to report to Jesse Boyd, Vice President of Operations at Peak Resorts.
- Joshua Faber has been named Vice President & General Manager at Mad River Mountain outside of Columbus, Ohio, and Jake Campbell, has been named to the same position for Boston Mills, Brandywine and Alpine Valley in Cleveland, Ohio. Josh and Jake will report to Josh Boyd, Senior Vice President of Operations, Midwest.
- Jason Perl will assume the role of Vice President & General Manager at Crotched Mountain in New Hampshire. Jason has served at Mount Snow for the past 6 years, most recently as the Director of Lifts, Safety & Compliance supervising overall infrastructure maintenance. Jason will report directly to Jesse Boyd, Vice President of Operations at Peak Resorts.
Mr. Boyd, commented, “As we continue to expand our portfolio of resorts and grow our successful company-wide programs such as the Peak Pass and the Peak Discovery program, it is imperative to provide our resort teams with the best possible industry knowledge and leadership. I am confident this talented group of seasoned ski industry professionals will drive the growth of our resorts and brands into the future, as we continue to build a better experience for our customers and a better company for our employees.”
In addition to these newly created operational roles, Peak Resorts is also expanding its marketing team with the promotion of two industry veterans currently based out of Mount Snow.
- Thad Quimby, formerly Senior Director of Marketing & Events at Mount Snow, will assume the newly-created role of Senior Director of CRM & Digital Strategy at Peak Resorts. Thad will supervise operations for all online, digital, web & email programming across our 17 resorts.
- Jamie Storrs, formerly Communications Manager at Mount Snow, will be assuming the newly-created role of Senior Director of Communications for Peak Resorts. In this new role, Jamie will be responsible for public relations, social media strategy and communications for both Peak Resorts and its stable of 17 resorts.
Mr. Boyd, added, “Thad and Jamie have enhanced the brand, awareness and appreciation of our largest resort property and we are thrilled to have them expand their efforts across all 17 of our properties. Both will continue to report to Greg Fisher, VP of Marketing & Events for Peak Resorts.
“These new appointments reflect our commitment to the development of talent within our company, something we strive for and pride ourselves on given its importance in creating an attractive and fulfilling work environment. I'm excited for this season and our future as we grow our portfolio of world-class resorts and look forward to our continued success in bringing the Peak Resorts experience to a growing number of skiers and riders.”