ropeways.net | Home | 2020-02-11
Samsons Group of Companies, Pakistan is seeking resort manager
The Samsons Group has developed a tourist resort at Malam Jabba in KPK province (formerly Northwest Frontier). It is the first and only winter ski resort open to the public, in addition to providing outdoor tourist facilities throughout the year. The ski slope is small by international standards but it is homologated by the FIS (International Ski Federation) and since 2016 has held annual international slalom races.
Features for tourists include a chairlift to the top of the ski piste, ziplines from the ski slope to the roof of the hotel, rock climbing courses, leap of faith adventure jump and winter ice skating rinks, and curling on ice. On some holiday weekends as many as five thousand members of the public have visited the resort: ensuring their safety and well being will continue to be paramount. Some activities can be dangerous if not supervised correctly and it is the aim of Samsons Group that the resort should be firmly family oriented and anything that detracts from this will not be tolerated.
Further investments in exciting features are planned and experience in similar developments will be a significant advantage.
Samsons have completed the first phase of a five-star hotel with 100 rooms. Expansion of the hotel will continue for the next two years. The hotel is managed separately by a well known hotel chain.
A second resort (known as Green valley and Magic Mountain) is under development just two kilometres away.
We are seeking an experienced resort manager to be resident in Malam Jabba taking responsibility for all facilities and our employees at both resorts, ensuring that all guests receive the best service and experience during their visit, notably in the restaurants, coffee shops, ski rental shop and future food courts.
At present Samsons do not provide overnight accommodation but a series of mountain chalets are currently planned, as are budget accommodations and a camping site. Negotiations are in progress to develop a number of resorts and tourist projects, and the successful candidate will advise the COO in negotiations with resort planners, architects and constructors.
The successful candidate will have a minimum of ten years experience in the holiday industry, managing an international resort, with emphasis on winter sports, and will be expected to develop the tourist business during the whole year and will be in charge of day to day management of the individual teams.
Reporting to the Chief Operating Officer, the Resort Manager is responsible for:
1. Liaison with the management of the hotel ensuring the best experience for their guests.
2. Liaison with the local authorities and security forces.
3. Management of all employees on the resort, establishing the most efficient division of responsibility for each team, and setting the guidelines and operating instructions for each team.
4. Liaison with the chief engineer: the resort is independent for electricity, water and sewage and heating: there are no services provided, but negotiations are in progress to change this.
5. All administration of the whole resort.
6. As the resorts increase in size and number, the successful candidate will advise the COO how best to expand the management team to ensure the optimum tourist experience for all our guests.
A competitive remuneration and benefits package will be offered. Generous local accommodation and transport will be provided.
Interested persons with the required experience should reply in the first instance to the administrative manager in England:
Information about Samsons Group is at www.samsonsgroupco.com